In our second series of #parentinghacks we look at newborns!
1. Use a bit of coconut/almond oil on your baby’s tush to make cleaning up meconium (those tar-like first few poops) manageable.
The oil will make your baby’s bottom just moisturized enough that the poop will wipe right off. Otherwise, you’ll be there all day.
2. Utilise onesies correctly in the case of a poopsplosion.
The little shoulder flaps in baby grows aren’t just a fancy design keeping your little one ahead of the trends; they’re actually there so that the head opening can become large enough to slip down your baby’s body in the case of an explosive diaper. That way, you can avoid getting poo anywhere you don’t want poo (not that there are many places you actually want poo, but you know what we mean).
3. Do a bicycle exercise with gassy babies.
If your baby has gas, one way to relieve it is by laying them on their back and rotating their chunky little legs in a bicycle-pedaling motion (elbow to knee).
4. Make a batch of “magic laundry cleaner” to get even the nastiest stains out of baby clothes. Learn how to make it here.
5. Keep from losing tiny baby socks by washing them in a mesh laundry bag.