As I'm sure you are already aware, babies really don't yet know what Christmas is all about. And they certainly have no clue who Father Christmas is, or why everyone is getting so excited about Christmas as this time of year.
But as a new parent or a parent of an young toddler, no doubt you want to spoil and celebrate your baby at Christmas anyway. But what to buy?
Gift ideas for newborns aND BABIES
I've put together a few festive gift giving ideas for the tiny ones in your life.
- Hand knitted clothing is practical and beautiful, and is a perfect gift for both babies and toddlers.
- Why not fill a stocking with sensory gifts that are sure to keep them entertained. For example: glow sticks, Chiffon/Fabric, Balls, Stacking cups, Pom Poms and Kinetic Sand. You can keep the costs low but give them plenty of gifts too.
- If you haven't already done so, you could now set up your baby with a savings account and instead of gifts as family and friends to contribute to that instead
- Or how about a photoshoot with me at Bundles of Joy Photography? Choose from a newborn photoshoot or a 'Now I Can Sit' photoshoot. Or if your baby is approaching one year old, how about a Cake Smash photoshoot? The pictures will last far longer than any clothes or toys, and you can buy the session yourself and then ask family and friends to contribute to the cost of the images
- Have you got a little cruiser on your hands? If so, why not buy your babies first pair of shoes as a Christmas gift. That way you will have that wonderful memory always attached to this time of year.
- Personalising an item, such as a dressing gown, book or blanket can be a lovely touch and could possibly be something you can store away in a memory box after it's had its use.
What other ideas would you suggest? Have you received any particularly nice gifts in the past? If so, please do share in the comments below!